Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager- Redding, CA
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to
solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water,
energy and urbanization. - GHD has an exciting opportunity for a
Senior -Civil Engineer/Project Manager/Team Leader -to win
interesting and challenging new work, execute a wide variety of
infrastructure projects, and lead and mentor talented staff.
Advance your career forward based out of our established and
growing -Redding, CA offices. - This position offers great variety
of projects, and will see you involved in: -
- Providing creative solutions to fit the needs of our clients
and communities -
- Coordinating the work of the team. Mentoring less experienced
- Delivering infrastructure, transportation and site development
- Leading and contributing to the preparation of proposals -for
-projects - - - -
- Collaborating with staff from other offices and markets on
projects Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Create project strategies and management plans.
- Lead and collaborate with teams to develop infrastructure, site
development, transportation, and other design projects.
- Engage -with clients and understand their needs; - -communicate
technical solutions and project approaches.
- Track -project schedule, budget and costs and adjust plans to
ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
-Project Management -
- Assist - -with or lead management of complex on- and off-system
- Assist with or lead transportation or other site development
and infrastructure design projects and team(s).
- Assist with or prepare -project work plan development and
- Assist with or lead client contacts and communications
pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
- Track project schedule, budget and costs to ensure project
progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget. Business
- Partner with key GHD staff to identify emerging trends and
opportunities and to pursue new work.
- Collaborate -on identifying and securing funding to create new
projects for clients.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to a variety of public and private
- Develop - -innovative and persuasive proposals with the
assistance of GHD marketing specialists to secure new work
(proposal writing, positioning with clients, fee negotiation).
- Prepare -scope of service and fee estimates.
- Contribute -to developing and delivering winning presentations
and interviews for new projects. What you will bring to the team:
- A strong interest in building your own career through winning
and executing interesting multi-discipline engineering
- Dedication to collaborating with peers and building your team
- Interest and experience at all stages of the business
development process from identifying opportunities and positioning
with clients, to preparing proposals, completing interviews, and
negotiating contracts. - - - - -
- Demonstrated professional judgement and financial acumen,
including identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving technical
and logistical problems, as well as managing risks.
- Proven ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders,
regulators, and peers to develop winning outcomes.
- Robust written and verbal skills, with the ability to
communicate complex issues concisely
- Your own interests and experience to help expand GHD's
technical capabilities and service offerings. -Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. Graduate degree a plus.
- Registered Professional Engineer in California (Civil).
Additional industry certifications preferred.
- 8+ years of professional engineering experience (consulting
- Experience working with clients in the northern California
considered a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience in AutoCAD a
- Knowledge of modeling and design software as applicable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Involvement in a professional organization preferred. As a
multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and
recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal
opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to
all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race,
creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or
veteran status. - -#LI-RM1
Keywords: GHD, Redding , Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager- Redding, CA, Engineering , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!