NOC Engineer I - CCNP Preferred Remote Eligible
Company: Development Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer is responsible for
monitoring our client's infrastructure and responding to incidents
and outage situations. The NOC Engineer will analyze problems,
perform troubleshooting and incident response, communicate with
clients, and drive all problems to resolution. In this role, you
will work as part of the Cloud and Managed Service team and in
close partnership with the Engineering team to represent
Development Group's core values and company goals. This
Hourly/Non-Exempt position reports to the Network Operations Center
Salary Range - Range based upon experience and certification
Grade 8: $43,500 - $62,600 - Engineer I (CCNA)
Grade 9: $48,300 - $70,500 Engineer II (CCNP)
Essential Position Functions
NOC Engineers troubleshoot and resolve routine and complex network,
hardware, and OS issues in a timely and efficient manner and are
directly responsible for keeping our clients network infrastructure
available and reliable. Other essential functions of this position
- Respond to network incidents reported via DGI's network
monitoring platform (Auvik) and restore service in an efficient and
- Provide direct support to DGI customers to resolve technical
issues reported by customers via phone or email escalations.
- Provide succinct communication on restoration steps and record
these within DGI's ticketing system (Autotask).
- Produce accurate Troubleshooting Guides in accordance with
documentation standards to support DGI's Knowledge Management
- Provide regular status updates to customers regarding open
tickets in accordance with DGI's company policies.
- Provide recommendations to customers and the DGI leadership
team to improve the stability of any infrastructure components
within the Managed Services Portfolio.
- Perform standard moves, adds, and changes (MACD's) within the
Cisco collaboration ecosystem.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for driving / advocating continual improvement in
customer experience to increase brand loyalty.
- Must meet or exceed individual performance goals as developed
- Follow company policies and procedures to ensure business
opportunities adhere to established processes.
- Understand business challenges and problems facing
- Complete required training and development objectives within
the assigned time frame; maintain relevant certifications.
- Understand overall company goals, align priorities and
activities to reflect and support those goals.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification or better preferred.
- 3-5 years working as a Network Engineer, or within a Network
Operations Center preferred.
- Strong understanding of routing and switching utilizing Cisco,
Cisco Meraki, HP, and Juniper.
- Strong understanding of Cisco enterprise wireless
- Strong understanding of network security principles leveraging
Cisco ASA/Firepower, Cisco ISE, Palo Alto, and Fortinet.
- Basic understanding of Cisco applications such as Prime, DNA
Center, and StealthWatch.
- Basic Understanding of Cisco Collaboration deployments
utilizing Cisco Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity
Connection (CUC), Cisco IM & Presence (IM&P), Cisco Emergency
Responder (CER), and Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) is
- Extensive knowledge of the OSI model, switching and Internet
- Must have a demonstrative ability to identify issues within the
service architecture and work with both leadership and peers to
- Possess superior customer-focused skills which will produce
success supporting customers of varying degrees of sophistication
and computer literacy.
- Work well in a busy team environment, being quick to learn and
able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to
negotiate positive outcomes for customers and DGI in conflict
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
for case management and development of Knowledge Base
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collate and
interpret data from various sources.
- Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and
prioritization of workload.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Must be self-confident, possesses a strong work ethic, and be
continually focused on improvement, innovation, and bottom-line
- Ability to excel under pressure while managing customer
- Ability to recognize own capabilities and take initiative to
continually improve; ability to seek out feedback on self.
- Ability to get things done; able to exercise personal
influence, resolve conflict, and bring about required
- Must be organized and analytical with attention to detail and
accuracy of work product; able to eliminate obstacles through
creative and adaptive approaches.
- Must maintain professional demeanor in any given situation.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources
Keywords: Development Group, Inc., Redding , NOC Engineer I - CCNP Preferred Remote Eligible, Engineering , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!