VP of Finance and Operations
Company: Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Job Description: VP of Finance and Operations Job Summary:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance and
Administration is responsible for all aspects of accounting and
financial activities and leads internal teams to support the
following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human
resources, administration, facilities and IT. The Director of
Finance and Administration plays a critical role with the senior
leadership team in strategic decision-making and operational
management as AAHH fulfills its strategic plan and pursues its
ambitious vision. Essential Functions: FINANCE
- Assure that all financial reporting, accounts receivable,
accounts payable, and payroll are completed in a professional and
- Assure that mortgage servicing is completed in a professional
and timely manner.
- Supervise and monitor the performance of assigned staff.
- Prepare cash forecasts and manage bank accounts and other
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget process; present fiscal
year budget to Board of Directors for approval.
- Prepare various financial reports, information, and analysis as
- Provide grant reporting and monitoring as needed.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and techniques to
ensure internal control.
- Coordinate the annual audit.
- Provide information and documents related to the construction
and sale of AAHH houses.
- Conduct real estate transactions for the organization as
- Manage insurance policies, license renewals, and other legal
- Ensure compliance reports are processed in a timely
- Present financial reports at monthly Board of Directors'
- Provide staff support to the Finance and Property Management
Committee. HUMAN RESOURCES, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, AND
- Oversee AAHH's human resources ensuring compliance with
internal policy, laws, and industry best practice; and promoting
AAHH's goals for employee retention and development, equitable
compensation and benefits, and inclusive recruiting.
- Oversee investments in technology, administrative systems, and
facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the
- Collaboratively develop new policies and processes to adapt to
changes in AAHH operations. Qualifications
- Minimum of a BA in a related field, MBA/CPA preferred
- At least 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally
six-plus years of broad financial and operations management
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content
of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either
a division or significant program area
- Experience overseeing human resources function preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following preferred:
government grants management, residential real estate development,
and mortgage lending
- Ability to translate financial concepts to - and to effectively
collaborate with - programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do
not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing
software installations and managing relationships with software
vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to professional development programs that maximize
individual and organization goals, including best practices in
human resources activities
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic,
organization and problem solving skills which support and enable
sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with
an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of
internal and external stakeholders
- A commitment to racial and economic equity and proven
experience working successfully with diverse stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and demonstrated
commitment to the values and the mission of AAHH. Work Environment
and Physical Demands
- This job operates primarily in a professional office
environment and routinely requires operating standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing
- Occasionally works in outside conditions that can include
inclement weather, heat and humidity, high noise levels and
navigating rough terrain.
- Must be able to travel to meetings and events and communicate
appropriately with stakeholders.
- Some evening and weekend hours required. All candidates who
have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo
testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance
with our Drug screening and Drug-Free workplace policy as well as
Sex Offender and Criminal Background Check. CLOSED: Thursday,
December 24th - Monday, December 28th & Friday, January 1st 1773
Old Haywood Road Asheville, NC 28806
Keywords: Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity, Redding , VP of Finance and Operations, Executive , Weaverville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!