Company: Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Property Name: La Quinta by Wyndham Redding La Quinta by Wyndham
--is now seeking a-- General Manager to join our team at the La
Quinta by Wyndham Redding location in Redding ,-- California . Job
Summary This position is responsible for managing daily hotel
operations to achieve planned goals for revenue and profit (i.e.,
IOC) while maintaining standards for guest satisfaction, employee
satisfaction, quality assurance, and asset protection; provide
leadership, training, direction and support to hotel employees;
maintain a high quality product. Education & Experience MINIMUM
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business is
a plus. Equivalent experience is acceptable. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 2 - 5 years as General Manager or other hotel management role.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods at a time.
- May be required to do light lifting or carrying.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and in stressful
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions and still provide
service to internal and external customers in a professional and
- May be required to walk and/or stand for long periods of
- Must be flexible in work hours/days.--
- Must be able to travel.
- Requires good vision.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a personal
- Must be available to work extended hours, nights and weekends.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software
applications in word processing and spreadsheets. Word, Excel,
Power Point and Access.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good analytical skills and decision-making
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing
- Obtain any locally required certifications. Revenue Management:
- Provide the Revenue Management Department with information that
includes a market analysis of competitors' rates by market segment
for weekday and weekend and a forecast of local market conditions
and special events that may impact occupancy and/or rate.
- Support sales efforts as directed by the Regional Vice
President and the corporate sales organization.
- Train front desk staff to successfully perform selling
techniques and procedures for current promotions.
- Provide input to the annual budget by forecasting changes in
operating expenses and labor cost.
- Use business forecasts to manage costs by scheduling labor in
accordance with staffing guidelines, control other expenses in
accordance with business demand levels and control utility expenses
in accordance with energy management and building operations
- Based on forecasted monthly revenue, adjust controllable
expenses to maintain profit margins and achieve planned monthly
IOC; explain the causes for budget variances of controllable
expenses and take corrective action to avoid future occurrences and
adjust spending to eliminate variances.
- Execute company policies and procedures for purchasing. Guest
- Train staff to successfully perform guest service procedures in
accordance with company standards (e.g., greeting, scripts,
pre-assignment of rooms, etc.).
- Train staff to successfully perform all functions for guest
service and for handling upset guest who are dissatisfied with the
products and services they received. Personally handle difficult
situations involving upset guests. Attempt to resolve all issues of
poor guest service before guests leave the property.--
- Personally respond to guest complaint letters, Guest Assistance
Contact Forms, and comment cards in accordance with company
- Receive satisfactory scores for Medallia (i.e., guest
satisfaction survey) and take action to correct any deficiencies.
- Recruit, select, train and manage employees to deliver guest
services and quality products that will lead to achieving goals for
revenue and profit.
- Properly administer company policies and procedures for human
resources management, payroll administration, personnel
transactions and fair treatment of employees. Conduct wage surveys
to provide input to annual budget and to ensure that the hotel is
offering competitive wages.
- Train and develop assigned potential management candidates and
trainees in accordance with Human Resources programs and
- Provide leadership by conducting business in a professional
manner and in accordance with all company policies including
standards of conduct, business ethics and conflicts of
- Receive satisfactory scores for employee satisfaction surveys
and take corrective action to correct any deficiencies; maintain an
acceptable level of employee turnover. Product Quality:
- Ensure a satisfactory guest experience and protect the
company's physical assets by maintaining the physical condition of
the hotel in accordance with established quality control
- Manage the preventative maintenance and quick-fix programs in
accordance with company standards.
- Receive satisfactory scores for product quality as measured by
Medallia and the mystery shopper program and take action to correct
any deficiencies. COMPANY OVERVIEW:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the
world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands
strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer
the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our
iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program
in the business, make hotel travel possible for all. Our hotel
owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion
everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences,
and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and
midscale brands-delivers just that. We are AmericInn-- by Wyndham,
Baymont-- by Wyndham, Days Inn-- by Wyndham, Dazzler-- by Wyndham,
Dolce Hotels and Resorts-- by Wyndham, Esplendor-- Boutique Hotels
by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham--, Howard Johnson-- by
Wyndham, La Quinta-- Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham--, Ramada
Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide-- by Wyndham, Super 8-- by
Wyndham, The Trademark Collection-- by Wyndham, Travelodge-- by
Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham--, Wingate by Wyndham--, Wyndham Garden--,
Wyndham Grand-- and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts--. Headquartered in
Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai,
Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs
approximately 15,000 team members worldwide. Our Company is an
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Job Location: La Quinta by
Wyndham Redding ,-- 2180 Hilltop Drive ,-- Redding ,-- California
Employment Status: Full-time What we expect from you --- Bring your
best every day --- Strive to exceed expectations in all you do What
you can expect from us --- Best-in-class training and career
development --- Supportive and engaged team --- Fast paced fun
environment About Wyndham Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion
of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection
of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel
possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will
be there to welcome them.
Keywords: Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, Inc., Redding , General Manager, Executive , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!