Operations Manager- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Operations ManagerBecome a part of our First Transit team as an
Operations Manager. This position assists the General Manager in
supervising daily operations. THe Operations Manager monitors
employee performance, identifies safety issues, and addresses
operational needs. We hire individuals who make safety and customer
service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence,
and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!First Transit
is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.Operations Manager major
- Assumes first-line supervision of location employees. Ensures
company policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists the General Manager in day-to-day operational oversight
of location operations including billing, payroll,
routing/scheduling, DOT & state compliance, accounts receivable and
accounts payable, recruitment and hiring of location
- Ensures drivers have the daily documentation necessary to
complete their routes. Ensures completed charter documentation for
processing. Coordinates field trips by the assignment of personnel
and vehicles. Ensures vehicles dispatched are in proper working
condition and daily DVI (pre and post trip) forms have been
- Coordinates the dispatching, in-service monitoring, and turn-in
activities involved in daily transit operations. Acts as back up
member of Dispatch or Scheduling team.
- Develops manpower requirements for Dispatchers, Operators, and
assists with evaluating trip patterns for run structure
- Recommends and disciplines operations personnel. Interviews
necessary drivers and staff and completes customer complaint
- Completes necessary daily and/or weekly reports for company and
- Tracks and maintains employee attendance system, processes
driver and operations staff vacation requests. Maintains/orders
necessary driver and staff uniforms.
- Monitors and evaluates Operations activities. Includes: vehicle
on-time statistics, missed runs, customer complaint data, accident
data, road call data, and other operations related functions
- Performs all other duties as assigned and may assist with other
areas based on location needs Operations Manager requirements:
- 3-5 years experience in transportation.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Accounting and detailed reporting experience.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels
including drivers, customers, senior management, client
representatives, union officials, and general public.
- Work extended hours regularly, including weekends and
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Possess working vehicle to travel within service area as
- Meet customer certification requirements in operations software
and able to act as system administrator to assist resolving local
user issues.First Transit is a leading provider of transportation
contract and management services, moving more than 350 million
passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500
dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit,
college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than
300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With a dedication
to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets
itself apart from other providers in the industry.We aspire to have
a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and
retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
all. Associated topics: cultivate, forklift, fork lift, management,
mow, plant, plant management, production management, prune,
Keywords: First Group, Redding , Operations Manager- First Group, Executive , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!