Company: Pacific Seafood Group
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Salary Range: $74,016 - $89,559
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group
Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork)
and promote teamwork at all times.
- Partner with corporate TMS to develop site-specific strategy,
policies, procedures, and guidelines aligned with applicable laws
- Collaborate with Division HR Manager to implement HR programs
that drive standardization across the division while ensuring plant
business needs are met; educate plant management in development and
implementation of required programs and processes to drive a
positive work environment for all team members.
- Partner with corporate TMS to identify and implement
appropriate risk management policies and procedures to ensure plant
compliance with safety requirements and local, state, and federal
employment laws and regulations.
- Partner with Divisional HR Manager and plant leadership to
identify and implement a compelling employee value proposition that
enables recruitment and retention of top talent; includes the
development and deployment of full-time and seasonal recruiting
- Lead and support the development of community relationships to
increase Pacific Seafood's brand recognition as the " Employer of
Choic e" in the local labor market.
- Support the talent acquisition process. Work with hiring
managers to understand location needs, post open positions, attend
career fairs and other hiring events, screen applicants, and assist
with interviewing. Maintain recruiting and onboarding documentation
in accordance with company policy.
- Support the team member training and development process.
Identify current and future business needs to develop strategies
that address succession gaps and provide internal development
opportunities for team members.
- Be a leader in managing employee relations matters. Conduct
investigations, present findings, and assist with determining the
appropriate corrective action and resolution.
- Assist plant management in cultivating a strong safety culture
and maintaining a safe working environment for all team members.
Participate in Safety Committee activities and partner with
corporate safety manager and location safety champions to implement
initiatives and programs.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources management,
safety, talent management, and employment law.
- Conduct new hire orientation and on-boarding process, manage
employee data in HRIS system.
- Oversee time and attendance for direct and temporary staff in
accordance with payroll policies. Prepare hourly payroll data for
- Oversee the day-to-day safety activities including managing the
Safety Program, conducting Safety Committee meetings, ensuring
safety training compliance, handling accident investigation and
reporting, supporting return to work strategies for on-the-job
injuries, and conducting monthly facility safety inspections.
- Assist planning and execution of employee recognition and
communication events and meetings.
- Maintain personnel files, including workers compensation,
confidential, and Form I-9 records.
- Escalate issues to Team Member Services, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
What You Bring to Pacific Seafood:
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university in
- Minimum of five years related Human Resources experience.
- Willing to travel 20% to other supported locations.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university.
- Previous HR experience in a manufacturing, processing, or
- Bilingual written, verbal, and reading skills in English and
- PHR/SHRM certification
- Prior knowledge of CA Labor Laws and State Regulations
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of five years' administrative experience in a Human
- Degree from an accredited college or university in related
- Bilingual in Spanish; fluency in speaking, reading, and
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your
overall compensation package. When you add in the additional
benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your
total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical,
prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company
profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid
sick, vacation and personal time
- 6 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional
counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge
to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law. Associated topics: administrator, chief human resource
officer, chro, guide, head, lead, leader, manager, president,
Keywords: Pacific Seafood Group, Redding , HR Manager, Executive , Eureka, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!