Posted on: December 2, 2019
Do you want to be a part of a life saving organization?Since 1948,
Vitalant (formerly known as BloodSource) has proudly served as a
leader in the blood banking industry. We are a globally-recognized
leader in blood transfusion medicine.Working at Vitalant is more
than a job, it is a chance to be part of something bigger than
yourself. If you are inspired to make an impact and are passionate
about playing a vital role in our dedicated team, then we encourage
you to consider a career at Vitalant.Our shared mission to save and
improve the lives of others is our greatest strength. Every day, we
empower others to act on their urge to help. We are inspired by
ordinary people doing extraordinary things.This is also a great
career for the New Nurse Graduate.
- We are looking for Three Registered Nurses to add to our
Redding Donor Center located at 2680 Larkspur Lane, Redding, CA
- Day Shift Work
- Healthy, Positive Work Environment!
- Sign-on Bonus Eligible Opportunity!
- You must be able to work a flexible schedule and 2 weekends a
month - schedules come out in 3 week increments. We work 5 days a
week or more if you desire to sign up for additional shifts. Donor
Schedule/Clinic Hours:Visit the following link:
DetailsTraining will not start until December, 2019. If you are
looking for a position to start in December please apply!PRIMARY
PURPOSE:Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for
performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant
collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a
member of the team and in alignment with the values of the
organization. Performs Apheresis Red Cell Collection and/or Plasma
Pheresis. Performs Platelet Pheresis and/or Therapeutic
Apheresis.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of
blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening,
phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, advanced
eligibility calculations, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely.
Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership
positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, including apheresis
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with
current customer service standards to represent a positive image
for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are
maintained and kept in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
- Associate's degree required.Licenses/ Certifications
- RN license required.
- Valid in?state driver's license preferred.Experience
- Six months previous work experience in a healthcare related
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an
active team member.
- Ability to travel, as
Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity
is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need
accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a
medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail
email@example.com or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us
know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to
accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that
this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations
only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.Please see
the below information about applicant rights and our commitment to
compliance:EEO is the LawEEO is the Law SupplementPay
Transparencye-VerifyAll candidates who receive a conditional
written offer of employment will be required to undergo a
pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's
Keywords: Vitalant, Redding , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!