Correctional Medicine Psychiatrist Needed in Redding, CA
Posted on: February 15, 2020
Correctional Medicine opening in Redding, California. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Overview Under
the direction of the Health Services Administrator (HSA), Program
Manager (PM), or higher licensed health professional, the Jail
Based Competency Treatment (JBCT) Psychiatrist is a licensed
Psychiatrist in the State of employment who is responsible for
assessing and prescribing medication for approximately 5-12
mentally-ill and Incompetent to Stand Trial (IST) patients in the
JBCT program. The JBCT Psychiatrist will remain in compliance with
the Department of State Hospital (DSH) Policy & Procedure (P&P)
Manuel. Qualifications Education:
- Education associated with licensure as a Psychiatrist in the
state of employment. Experience:
- One + year experience as a licensed Psychiatrist
- Previous correctional/detention facility experience
- Licensure as a Psychiatrist in state of employment
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification
through AHA Compliance:
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance throughout the
course of employment.
- Must pass background investigation conducted by the Company
and/or Facility as a requisite for initial and or continued
- May be required to undergo reasonable suspicion testing for
being under the influence of controlled substances, including
prescription, legal, and illegal substances, including
- Must undergo security training and orientation on Facility
Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Must follow county facility policies and procedures.
- Strict adherence to Department of State Hospital (DSH) and
company Policy & Procedure (P&P) Manual as it relates to the
duties of the Psychiatrist.
- Conduct weekly individual (1:1) meetings with JBCT patients to
assess for medication compliance, and/or changes in treatment.
- Same day documentation in patient health records for all
- Participate in weekly Treatment Team meetings, and provide
clinical support and/or guidance, as needed.
- Participate in any coordination of IMO/ALJ processes, up to an
including court testimony for involuntary medication
- Work cooperatively with the Sheriff's Office team and foster
supportive relationships between staff and Sheriff's
- Document all findings in Patient's health record providing
written summaries of history and treatment course or other
documentation requirements as outlined by company and Facility, as
- May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process
of potential staff.
- May assist in orientation and training of new employees.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on a computer including but not
limited to: using the Internet, Microsoft Office products and
Electronic Health Record system
- Ability to touch type on a keyboard, operate basic office
equipment including but not limited to using mouse and/or stylus to
do electronic health documentation records
- Excellent knowledge of emergency care methods and
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and
procedures and willingness to follow them at all times
- Demonstrates knowledge of universal precautions and the blood
borne pathogen rules
- Knowledge of 1370/IST patients and treatment
- Identifies problems in a timely manner and skillfully gathers
and analyzes information then practically and creatively resolves
- Maintains a professional attitude while communicating and
speaking with colleagues, patients and clients at all times,
maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas, and
exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Speaks effectively and professionally, speaks clearly and
persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates
group presentation skills.
- Develops professionally written communications, edits work for
spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively, and can
read and interpret written information.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently,
and develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates accuracy thoroughness and monitors own work to
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing
demands, and can deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected
- Follows through with commitments, is consistently at work and
on time, can be counted on by others, is continuously productive,
follows instructions, responds to management direction, and
solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Promotes and personally observes safety and security
procedures, uses equipment and materials properly and takes
necessary action to report incidences.
- Stays compliant with job applicable license(s) and/or
certification(s), attends staff meetings and all required monthly,
quarterly and annual trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases:
correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs,
correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: Wellpath, Redding , Correctional Medicine Psychiatrist Needed in Redding, CA, Healthcare , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!