RN - Immediate Opening
Posted on: October 10, 2020
Do you want to be a part of a life saving organization? Working
with healthy individuals is just part of the Awe of this new
career! Come join our incredible team! Since 1948, Vitalant
(formerly known as BloodSource) has proudly served as a leader in
the blood banking industry. We are a globally-recognized leader in
blood transfusion medicine. Working at Vitalant is more than a job,
it is a chance to be part of something bigger than yourself. If you
are inspired to make an impact and are passionate about playing a
vital role in our dedicated team, then we encourage you to consider
a career at Vitalant. Our shared mission to save and improve the
lives of others is our greatest strength. Every day, we empower
others to act on their urge to help. We are inspired by ordinary
people doing extraordinary things. This is also a great career for
the New Nurse Graduate.
- We are looking for Four Registered Nurses to add to our Redding
Donor Center located at 2680 Larkspur Lane, Redding, CA .
- Position may be eligible for a sign-on bonus!
- Day Shift Work
- Healthy, Positive Work Environment!
- You must be able to work a flexible schedule and 2 weekends a
month - schedules come out in 3 week increments. We work 5 days a
week or more if you desire to sign up for additional shifts.
- Must be able to attend Full-Time Paid Training in Sacramento up
to 14 weeks (not all at once). We will pay for a hotel stay (Monday
- Friday) while in Training. Donor Schedule/Clinic Hours: Visit the
following link: (Shasta).aspx PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under direct
supervision, this position is responsible for performing all duties
related to the efficient, safe, and compliant collection of blood
and blood products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team
and in alignment with the values of the organization. Performs
Apheresis Red Cell Collection and/or Plasma Pheresis. Performs
Platelet Pheresis and/or Therapeutic Apheresis. DUTIES AND
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of
blood and blood products (eg, computerized medical screening,
phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, advanced
eligibility calculations, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely.
Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership
positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, including apheresis
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with
current customer service standards to represent a positive image
for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are
maintained and kept in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
assigned. REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge/Education
- Associate's degree required. Licenses/Certifications
- RN license required.
- Valid in'state driver's license preferred. Experience
- Six months previous work experience in a healthcare related
position required. Skills/Abilities
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an
active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required. * Blood Systems Inc. is an
equal opportunity employer.
EEO/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Our organization is an
equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need
accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a
medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to (see
below) or call 1- to let us know the nature of your request. A
representative will respond to accommodation requests within two
business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for
medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will
not receive a response. Please see the below information about
applicant rights and our commitment to compliance: EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement Pay Transparency e-Verify All candidates
who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be
required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with
the Company's established guidelines.
Keywords: Vitalant, Redding , RN - Immediate Opening, Healthcare , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!