Materials Manager (FT) - Apogee Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Location: US-CA-Redding# of Openings: 1Category: OtherSystem ID:
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
A. Job Knowledge
- Responsible for the receipt and distribution of central supply,
floor stock, office and stock supplies and rental equipment.
- Maintains adequate levels of inventory, not letting stock items
- Returns/removes excess stock.
- Signs all packing slips with name, date received and forwards
- Responsible for all inventory control programs in accordance
with departments, JCAHO, Pristine Factor, safety and security
- Posts all supplies in and out to the computer.
- Performs quarterly physical inventories.
- Maintains C.S. distribution and bulk storage areas arranged by
sections; labels shelves in areas to note what items belong on what
- Keeps carts and shelves to standards: 6" from floor, 18" from
- Monitors, tracks, returns and destroys outdated supplies to
ensure that no outdated supply is issued out of C.S.
- Ensures all receipts have purchase order numbers and are
- Checks all incoming shipments for damage.
- Checks supplies for expired dates.
- Provides economic and conservative management of surgery center
- Demonstrates appropriate awareness of age specific development
needs for the population served as it is related to the performance
of department duties
B. Pulling the Wagon
- Responsible for the department's accurate record keeping and
- Updates equipment logbook daily and assures its accuracy.
- Posts to computer all items removed from inventory within 24
hours of removal of supply and updates supervisor's computer
- Meets all established deadlines for the ordering, receipt,
delivery and storage of supplies.
- Checks in and distributes all orders promptly and
- Utilizes time effectively.
- Adheres to established facility safety requirements and
procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates competent usage of proper body mechanics in all
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies
- Completes all employee/patient incident documentation in a
thorough and timely manner, as required by facility policy.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of established emergency
procedures for department and facility.
- Practices infection control and standard precautions as
instructed or trained.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
D. Service Satisfaction
- Works effectively with all facility department personnel to
maintain maximum levels of service according to goals and
- Adjusts inventory levels on cart, as needed.
- Informs appropriate supervisor of any excess usage or unusual
- Orders supplies when needed according to department
- Identifies potential problems in a timely manner, and notifies
appropriate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Understands and observes patients' privacy and medical record
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Prefer 1-2 years' experience in medical supplies/equipment.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates PI133125911
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Redding , Materials Manager (FT) - Apogee Surgery Center, Healthcare , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!