Nursing Assistant (NA) Instructor - Fortuna
Company: Fortuna Rehabilitation & Wellness Center
Posted on: May 15, 2022
General -Purpose: NA Instructors serve as the primary
instructors for nurse assistant training programs for both theory
and clinical training. They operate under the supervision of the RN
Program Director.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present lectures and conduct discussions to increase students'
knowledge and competence, using visual aids such as graphs, charts,
videotapes and slides.
- During clinical instruction, demonstrate skills in the clinical
setting and have students perform a return demonstration of all
skills noted on CDPH 276A (Clinical Skills Checklist) in the
clinical setting. All skills will be evaluated and documented on
the date that the skill was performed.
- Understand the training curriculum, plan course content and
methods of instruction.
- Ensure that the daily attendance is completed in both theory
and clinical training.
- Maintain ongoing dialog with students to ensure that they are
aware of Theory or Clinical hours that they are required to make
- Inform the RN Program Director whenever students miss required
Theory or Clinical hours.
- Inform students of their options for making up missed Theory or
- Integrate academic and vocational curricula so that students
can obtain variety of skills.
- Observe and evaluate students' work to determine progress,
provide feedback, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure that all student records are completed fully and
accurately, and that student records are secured in a locked
cabinet when they are not actively being used by the NA
- Review student records to ensure that Health Exam and Screening
documentation is received and properly filed in student training
- Participate in conferences, seminars, and training sessions to
keep abreast of developments in the field' and integrate relevant
information into training programs.
- Confirm that Live Scan clearance has been submitted for
students before allowing them to interact with SNF residents.
- Report deviations from the schedule/curricula to the RN Program
- Ensure that Student Training Record files are kept secure when
class is not in session.
- Complete Student Training Record files completely and
correctly, in accordance with NATP, CDPH policies, and ETP
guidelines, where applicable.
- Identify and counsel students who have not successfully
completed the NATP in time for the Graduation Ceremony.
- Counsel students who have not successfully completed the NATP
in writing and explain their option to participate in the
- Make arrangements with students who have not successfully
completed the NATP to allow them to participate in the Graduation
- Comply with the provisions of the NATP Policies & Procedures
- Prepare students to pass the CNA certification
- Must hold a California RN or LVN License that is active,
current and in good standing.
- Must have a minimum 2 years of nursing experience, one (1) year
in a long term/skilled nursing facility providing direct patient in
addition to one (1) year experience planning, implementing and
evaluating educational programs in nursing
- Must have valid California Director of Staff Development
- Must meet the requirements of CCR Title 22, 71829.
- Must have a valid California Driver's License, access to a
reliable vehicle and current automobile insurance.Required
- Education and Training -- Knowledge of the principles and
methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and
instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of
- English Language -- Knowledge of the structure and content of
the English language including the meaning and spelling of words,
rules of composition and grammar.Skills:
- Speaking -- talking to others to convey information effectively
Instructing teaching others how to do something
- Active Listening -- giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Learning Strategies -- selecting and using
training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the
situation when learning/teaching new things.
- Reading Comprehension -- understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.Physical Demands
- Occasional bending, squatting, reaching and lifting.
- Fine manipulation of repetitive grasping, pushing and
- Specific vision abilities required by job include distance and
Keywords: Fortuna Rehabilitation & Wellness Center, Redding , Nursing Assistant (NA) Instructor - Fortuna, Healthcare , Fortuna, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!