Company: Pit River Health Service, Inc
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Position Summary: The Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) is
responsible for assisting the dentist(s) and dental hygienist(s) in
the direct provision of primary care dental services to patients of
the Pit River Health Service Dental Clinic. He/she also maintains
an aseptic environment throughout the Dental Clinic in accordance
with OSHA and CDC standards.Specific Duties And
- Prepares operatory for patient treatment as per Dental
Department protocols and the dentist's or dental hygienist's
- Conduct patient vital screenings prior to visit with the
provider. Escort patients to the clinic door, supervising them down
- Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering
their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by
the dentist or dental hygienist,
- Serves as the dentist or dental hygienist chair-side
- Exposes and documents dental radiographic procedures in
accordance with applicable regulations and law as well as Dental
Department policy and protocol.
- Record findings of dental examinations for the patients on the
Dentrix Dental Program as directed by the attending Dentist.
Utilize dental terminology, materials, medication and instruments
used during dental procedures.
- Perform laboratory duties of keeping the area clean and making
impression trays, pouring models, along with additional duties as
assigned by the dentist.
- Make temporary crowns for dentist and at provider direction to
assist in fixed prosthetic procedures.
- Follow the OSHA Guidelines for infection control in cleaning,
disinfecting and sterilizing operatories and instruments after
patient treatment as listed in the Infection Control Policy.
- Provide preventive dental education to clinic patients and
community groups under supervision of the Chief Dental Officer
- Maintains adequate operatory supplies and participates in
making a list of individual item shortages for inventory control
and ordering purposes.
- Maintains Dental Department equipment in accordance with
manufacturer's directions and Dental Department policy.
- Communicates and works well patients and other clinic support
staff/ DDS in coordinating Patient flow and treatment.
- Input all billable and IHS codes for the visit under the
providers name. Input all diagnosed treatment, print treatment
plans and have patients sign and Dentist initial.
- Obtain Dentist signatures on all pt forms where needed.
- Provide written and verbal post op instructions to patients for
all major procedures as outlined by IHS/AAAHC.
- Communicate with lab the day before patient appointments and
make sure cases are received for appointments on time. This is
assigned to the RDA who is the prosthetic coordinator for the
- Check all operatories, lab, storage for sterile date stamped
packs expirations (good for 6 months only) dental materials
expirations dates. Rotate stock and sterile packs to minimize
- Alert Chief Dental Officer or Dentist in charge of any incident
that may need to be reported. Write incident reports as
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Dental Officer
and cross trained where needed. Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- Documentation evidence of proficiency in those tasks allowed by
- Current Registered Dental Assistant License.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Possess current CPR card.
- One year experience as an assistant in general dentistry.
- Preference will be given to Native Americans in accordance with
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a pre-employment drug
test.Typical Physical DemandsProlonged sitting or standing may be
required. Those physical movements and the degree of mobility
normally associated with the practice of primary care dentistry
will be performed on a repetitive basis. The ability to distinguish
letters and symbols, as well as the ability to utilize telephones,
computer terminals, and copiers is required. Work under stressful
conditions connected to the performance of dental procedures is
required. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids,
toxic substances, medicinal preparations, radiation and other
conditions common to a clinical environment may routinely be
encountered. Travel to satellite clinic sites with PRHS vehicle
with dental team may be required. .OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen
Exposure ClassificationCategory IEmployment Type: Full TimeSalary:
$19 - $25 HourlyBonus/Commission: No
Keywords: Pit River Health Service, Inc, Redding , Dental Assistant, Healthcare , Burney, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!