Staff RN - Medical Surgical
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description We are looking for a Staff Registered Nurse for the
Medical Surgical at Redwood Memorial Hospital. Apply Today!
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some
additional questions from our Modern Hire system. Location:
Fortuna, CA Work Schedule: Full Time - 72 Biweekly Hours Shift:
12-hour, Nights Job Summary: The Registered Nurse employs
intellectual, interpersonal and technical skills through the
utilization of the nursing process to assist patients of various
ages in achieving maximum health potential. The Registered Nurse
functions as a health team member through independent,
interdependent and dependent roles within the health care system.
Serving as the patient's advocate, the RN assumes responsibility
and accountability for nursing care for patients of various ages as
defined by the department scope of service. Essential
- Nursing Process:
- Assessment: gathers and interprets data relevant to patient
- Planning: Sets care priorities appropriately for Plan of Care
based on patient condition, age, and developmental status. Involves
patient, significant others and health team members.
- Implementation: Implements Plan of Care according to identified
need. Advocates for patient. Performs re-assessment as per policies
and nursing processes.
- Medications: Prepares and administers medication accurately,
safely and according to policy.
- Pain Management: Consistently evaluates and addresses patient
comfort in accordance with policy and individual patient
- Patient Education: Explains treatments and procedures. Provides
information to promote recovery and wellness. Assures that patient
and family receive education to promote recovery and wellness
during hospitalization and essential skills for safe self care
- Evaluation: Effectively recognizes changes in condition and
- Technical Skills and Knowledge: Demonstrates competency in
technical skills and use of department specific protocols and/or
procedures, equipment and troubleshooting, etc. (e.g., care of
ventilated patient, chemotherapy administration, wound care,
cardiac monitoring, and pediatrics).
- Patient Related Communications:
- Communicates necessary patient information in hand offs and
bedside report to receiving staff and/or unit. Communicates
necessary information and plan of care to patients, families, and
staff using the communication board.
- Effectively coordinates and/or facilitates admission and
- Documents legibly and concisely, using appropriate forms and
technology; adheres to documentation policies and guidelines.
- Keeps Supervisor and Physician informed of potential/actual
critical or emergent situations.
- Patient Related Safety and Infection Control:
- Maintains a safe environment for the patient: adheres to safety
measures for at risk groups, e.g. fall risk, restraints, suicide,
- Demonstrates correct 'hand hygiene' practices; adheres to
standard precautions and isolation techniques. Disinfects equipment
after each patient use.
- Demonstrates knowledge and practice of Patient Safety
initiatives in accordance with The Joint Commission standards, e.g.
'procedural time out, two identifiers, BMV, etc. (National Patient
- QUALITY IMPROVEMENT:
- Resource Utilization: Ensures that appropriate supplies and
equipment are available, accounted for and used in a cost-effective
- Organizes, prioritizes and completes activities and assignments
in an efficient manner. Demonstrates initiative in assisting others
and performing other duties based on skill level and training
- Delegates tasks based on the legal scope of practice and
effectively supervises nursing care being given. Uses all work time
productively in work-related activities.
- Participates in department problem solving, suggests
improvements and facilitates change. CQI involvement on
- Safety of Self and Others: Maintains a safe work environment.
Identifies safety risks and reports such appropriately. Utilizes
correct body mechanics, personal protective equipment and
demonstrates other personal safety practices. Skills:
- Ability to ensure patient confidence and comfort.
- Efficiently communicates with SJH-HC physicians, customers and
employees, both in person and by telephone.
- Reads and comprehends written instructions, able to interpret
medical orders, correspondence, memorandums, and medical
- Applies deductive and common sense reasoning ability to problem
solve on a frequent basis.
- Initiative and the ability to make independent judgments are
required. Minimum Position Requirements: Education:
Coursework/Training - Graduate of an accredited nursing school.
- State of California as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR certification* is required.
- Department specific certifications are required on hire or
within the introductory/training period or no later than 120
- American Heart Association BLS Provider, American Red Cross
Professional Rescuer, Fire Department Medical Provider course.
Preferred Position Qualifications: Experience: Acute care or
specialty experience. About Providence At Providence, our strength
lies in Our Promise of "Know me, care for me, ease my way." Working
at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role,
we'll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can
support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID: 103750
Company: Providence Jobs Job Category: Nursing-Patient Facing Job
Function: Nursing Schedule: Full time Shift: Night Career Track:
Nursing Department: 7801 MEDSURG Address: CA Fortuna 3300 Renner Dr
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender,
disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Redding , Staff RN - Medical Surgical, Healthcare , Fortuna, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!