Posted on: December 1, 2019
Do you want to be a part of a life saving organization?
Since 1948, Vitalant (formerly known as BloodSource) has proudly
served as a leader in the blood banking industry. We are a
globally-recognized leader in blood transfusion medicine.
Working at Vitalant is more than a job, it is a chance to be part
of something bigger than yourself. If you are inspired to make an
impact and are passionate about playing a vital role in our
dedicated team, then we encourage you to consider a career at
Our shared mission to save and improve the lives of others is our
greatest strength. Every day, we empower others to act on their
urge to help. We are inspired by ordinary people doing
This is also a great career for the New Nurse Graduate.
- We are looking for Three Registered Nurses to add to our
Redding Donor Center located at 2680 Larkspur Lane, Redding, CA
- Day Shift Work
- Healthy, Positive Work Environment!
- Sign-on Bonus Eligible Opportunity!
- You must be able to work a flexible schedule and 2 weekends a
month - schedules come out in 3 week increments. We work 5 days a
week or more if you desire to sign up for additional shifts.
Donor Schedule/Clinic Hours:
Visit the following link:
Training will not start until December, 2019. If you are looking
for a position to start in December please apply!
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for
performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant
collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a
member of the team and in alignment with the values of the
organization. Performs Apheresis Red Cell Collection and/or Plasma
Pheresis. Performs Platelet Pheresis and/or Therapeutic
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of
blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening,
phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, advanced
eligibility calculations, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely.
Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership
positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, including apheresis
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with
current customer service standards to represent a positive image
for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are
maintained and kept in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as
- Associate's degree required.
- RN license required.
- Valid in-state driver's license preferred.
- Six months previous work experience in a healthcare related
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform
all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an
active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action
employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment
process because of a medical condition or disability, please send
an e-mail to or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of
your request. A representative will respond to accommodation
requests within two business days. Please note that this
email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only
and any other inquiries will not receive a response.
Please see the below information about applicant rights and our
commitment to compliance:
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of
employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test
in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.
Keywords: Vitalant, Redding , RN, Healthcare , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!