Temporary Retail Team Member
Company: Follett Corporation
Posted on: April 17, 2019
This position greets customers, assists customers with store
inquiries, answers the phone and/or directs callers, tabulates
purchases using the register for transactions. Use safe money
handling procedures and secure transaction practices.Greet
customers and render assistance as necessary responding to
inquiries of products and merchandise. Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Answers phone and responds to inquiries or direct calls for
- Operates cash register tabulating transactions, accepting
payments, giving change, bagging purchases and processing employee
or faculty discounts as appropriate. Starts up and shuts down
register, trouble shoots, counts down register, perform cashier
audits, etc. Balances the cash drawer including checks and the
credit card receipts and student charge slips.
- Observes safe money handling procedures and secure transaction
practices when accepting cash payment, making change, accepting
checks and credit card payments, and processing refunds/buybacks.
Includes cashier integrity to safeguard register and drawer
- Test EAS security system daily and approach customers who set
off EAS system investigating alarms, resolving issue and logging
- Receive, sort and open, as necessary, mail. May also take
outgoing mail to mailbox or Post Office.
- Carry and shelve merchandise inventory; may also pull and
package merchandise for return to vendors. Straightens merchandise,
stocks shelves, prices merchandise and may assist in setting up
displays and signs. May be required to mop, vacuum, clean shelves
and take out trash.
- Ensure inventory controls tags are removed and/or replaced on
merchandise according to company standards as applicable.
- Pick, process and pack orders for shipping in accordance with
Retail Store Operations
- Fill in for other employees during absences, for breaks and
lunches, and during periods of high volume.
- May perform data entry or type simple correspondence including
printing and system back-up.
- Take inventory as needed and may have responsibility for
ordering general merchandise items (snacks, beverages, newspapers,
- May provide customer service/sales functions for special events
(including but not limited to author signings, graduation and
athletic events) Associated topics: inventory, merchandise,
merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser,
stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate
Keywords: Follett Corporation, Redding , Temporary Retail Team Member, Hospitality & Tourism , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!