Manual Machine Operator
Company: Trimble Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Title: Manual Machine Operator
Location: Redding, CA
Department: Machine Shop
Reports to: Business Area Director
Operates CNC and NC machines or machining centers to perform
various machine functions such as cutting, drilling, milling,
reaming, boring, and broaching of metallic and nonmetallic work
pieces by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and
related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup
procedures, control settings, and machining methods and
* Mounts, aligns, and secures tooling, attachments, and work piece
* Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindle.
* Loads control media such as disk, in machine controller or enter
commands to retrieve pre-programmed instructions from data
* Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in
relationship to work piece and to regulate factors such as cutting
depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
* Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to
* Stops machine to change cutting tools and setup according to
required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to
* Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct
malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
* Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions and
when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
* Discusses control media errors with supervisor or programming
personnel to resolve problems.
* Cleans machine, tooling, and parts. Performs machine
* Performs duties in a safe manner observing all safety rules and
* Painted pieces conform to specifications in accordance with the
work order and/or as instructed.
* Bar code labor and material transactions are recorded accurately
and in a timely manner.
* Cleans lint, dust, oil, and grease from machines. Cleans screens
* Measuring and checking: Proper usage of caliper, micrometer,
measure prismatic, calibers
* Must have a minimum of two years of similar machining
* Manuel machine operating experience strongly preferred
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering
products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds.
Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data
analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality,
safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to
enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and
services are transforming a broad range of industries such as
agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and
logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin,
marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Keywords: Trimble Inc., Redding , Manual Machine Operator, Other , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!