Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking several Junior to
Mid-Level, Environmental Scientists, Engineers and Biologists to
support Wildfire Remediation Work in Northern California.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want
to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech,
you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about
using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in
water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy,
and international development.
Selected candidates will be responsible for overseeing and
supporting the field work conducted by biologists and
archaeologists in addressing the environmental requirements of the
structural debris removal and hazard tree plan requirements,
inclusive of meeting the Forest Practice Rules environmental
Qualified individuals will provide technical support in site
assessments, and other in-field and office work including data
management. The team is also responsible for the planning and
oversight of operations and site health and safety.
This position is in the field 100% of the time. Tetra Tech will
provide travel, per diem, and housing accommodations when on
travel, unless staff are local to the site. Full relocation will
not be necessary.
All work is done in teams of 2, reporting through incident
Work will consist of working 6 days a week (including weekends).
Extensive travel is required and varies based on project
requirements; may include weekend travel and work.
This is a part-time, temporary position.
The ideal candidate will have / be:
- 1-5 years of experience in environmental consulting, sampling,
- Experience in GIS, data base management, working with big data,
and SQL Server Data Base Management is a plus.
- Must be highly motivated, customer focused, and work well in a
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and travel.
- Excellent communication, client interaction, and organizational
- Proficiency with MS Office applications are required.
- You will drive on a regular basis, must have a valid driver's
- Requires passing a motor vehicle record (MVR) background check
and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Heavy lifting of field sampling and other equipment will be
- Candidate must also meet physical demands of hazardous waste
- Must be able to work out in the field in all weather
conditions, in all seasons. This position is out in the field 100%
of the time.
- Must be able to travel and work weekends.
- B.S. in environmental science or related degree required.
- Current 40-hour HAZWOPER is required
- 40-hour OSHA, ICS or related training a plus.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global,
multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in
more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on
the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-20,000
associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions
for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading
technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource
management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers.
Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture,
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core
values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized
equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be
considered without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities,
sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and
pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other
characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all
interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com
to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are
currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request
priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those
candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.