Do you want to be a part of a life saving organization?
Since 1948, Vitalant (formerly known as BloodSource) has proudly
served as a leader in the blood banking industry. We are a
globally-recognized leader in blood transfusion medicine.
Working at Vitalant is more than a job, it is a chance to be
part of something bigger than yourself. If you are inspired to make
an impact and are passionate about playing a vital role in our
dedicated team, then we encourage you to consider a career at
Our shared mission to save and improve the lives of others is
our greatest strength. Every day, we empower others to act on their
urge to help. We are inspired by ordinary people doing
We are looking for a Donor Account Manager to work in our
Redding Donor Center located at 2680 Larkspur Lane, Redding, CA
96002. This position is responsible for orchestrating mobile blood
drives to meet collection goals by managing a specific territory
within a defined service area. This includes educating, supporting
and motivating volunteer chairpeople who sponsor blood drives,
coordinating the efforts of multiple departments to collect the
various blood component needs and functioning as a consultant both
internally and externally to advise the most effective method for
blood drive promotion and collection.
Ideal candidate will be one who has Excellent written, verbal
and public speaking skills. If you have sales experience and are
self motivated this may be the ideal fit for you!
Under minimal supervision, the incumbent is responsible for
achieving annual and monthly territorial goals through effective
donor recruitment and territory, account and calendar
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs
and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Schedules blood drives within center-established guidelines to
achieve monthly and annual goals and projection accuracy.
- Directs, trains, and motivates volunteer blood drive
coordinators and committee members to ensure successful blood
- Develops new donor sources.
- Maintains an ongoing public and media relations program in
- Develops an annual recruitment plan for meeting assigned
collection goals. Prepare, assess and respond to monthly forecast
- Develops and maintains donor recognition programs in assigned
- Follows established sales/recruitment process (including
projection accuracy); maintains and ensures accuracy and timeliness
of account information.
- Builds relationships with external departments and internal
staff. Communicates effectively to coordinate blood drives and
in-center activities. Represents the Company through personal
contacts, public speaking engagements and educational
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of formal
education and experience required.
- One year related experience preferred.
- Territory sales management, prospecting, cold calling,
relationship skills, and customer service experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Sales/territory management skills.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter with good
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and
- Provide own vehicle for transportation and possess a valid
- Proficient personal computer skills.
- Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action
employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment
process because of a medical condition or disability, please send
an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-220-2612
to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will
respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please
note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability
accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a
Please see the below information about applicant rights and our
commitment to compliance:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of
employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test
in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.