Company: Oak River Rehab
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The primary function of the Treatment Nurse is to insure
effective and efficient nursing care is provided as prescribed by
the physician and as required by the facility's policies and
This position is responsible to the Director of Nursing.
- Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- License: Current, active license as Registered Nurse or
Licensed Vocational Nurse (L VN)
- Work Experience: Experience in long term geriatric nursing
- Language Skills: Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret
common scientific and technical information, and to be easily
understood through verbal communication in the English
- Mathematical Skills: Must be able to add, subtract, multiply,
and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using
units of weight measurement, and volume.
- Must have exceptional communication imcl c.nstomer servic.e
skills, imcl he empathetic.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families,
responsible parties, staff and outside resources and agencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTlONS:
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives and policies and
procedures that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Identify, manage and treat specific skin disorders .
- Provide assessment and diagnostic services to residents.
- Ensure that residents with decubitus ulcers receive appropriate
prophylaxis and treatment.
- Implement and maintain established policies and procedures
relative to skin care treatments .
- Participate in facility surveys by authorized government
agencies as may be requested .
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the attending
physician, Medical Director or the DON concerning the status and
care of the residents.
- Initiate requests for consultation or refen-al.
- Examine the resident and his/her records and chart and
discriminate between normal and abnormal findings in order to know
when to refer resident to physician for evaluation.
- Confer with the DON and/or other licensed personnel regarding
skin disorders .
- Consult with IDT team concerning assessment evaluations and
assist in planning and developing the skin care treatment.
- Assist in monitoring the inventory of medications; medical
supplies and equipment to ensure an adequate supply of skin care
products are on hand to meet the needs of residents.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms,
reports and charting .
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs
designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession, as well
as maintain your license on a current status.
- Report all allegations of resident abuse and/or
misappropriation of resident property .
- Comply with resident rights ensuring that all residents are
treated fairly, with kindness, dignity, and respect.
- Must function as a team member and have flexibility .
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action .
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully and harmoniously with
personnel, residents and all visitors .
- Shows dependability by being punctual; maintains consistent
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care
- Serve on and work with the Interdisciplinary Care Plan Team in
developing a comprehensive assessment and care plan for assigned
- Serve on, participate and attend various other committees of
the facility as required and/or as appointed by the Administrator
- Meet with and solicit advice from the Medical Director and DON
concerning the skin care of the residents.
- Evaluate and implement recommendations from established
committees as they may pertain to the medical activities of the
facility and skin care ofresidents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and
willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious
materials and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the facility's
policies and procedures governing accidents and incidents.
- Attend and participate in mandated state, OSHA and CDC in-
service training programs .
- Participate as requested by DON in the planning and conducting
of in-service training concerning dermatologic nursing skills and
procedures used in the facility.
- Provide preventive health care services by making
recommendations to the resident in the prevention of common skin
- Provide information to resident and family members or
preventive techniques and other ways to maintain or improve the
general health and psychosocial status ofresident.
- Participate in educational programs for residents and their
family members relative to skin care when a resident is being
discharged to home.
- Be familiar with and use as appropriate all items of personal
protective equipment. Is subject to frequent interruptions .
- Works beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays when
- Is subject to call-back during emergency conditions and other
times as needed .
- May he necessary to m,sist in the evacuation ofresidents during
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace .
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled,
elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing
Keywords: Oak River Rehab, Redding , Treatment Nurse, Other , Anderson, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!