Plant Controls Engineer
Company: LP Building Products
Location: Red Bluff
Posted on: May 3, 2021
LP Building Products is a leading global manufacturer of
engineered wood products. At LP, creating new solutions for
building is who we are. Since we pioneered our first engineered
wood product, we've been continually creating better products to
fit the changing needs of the building industry.
LP's values-driven, positive culture creates an environment
where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical,
fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40
years, we've developed careers and provided advancement
opportunities in the building products industry.
Perform detailed control system design and software development
for moderately complex engineering assignments, which are
stand-alone, or components of a larger project. This position
applies specific knowledge of automated and process control systems
to manufacturing processes with minimal supervision.
- Ensure compliance and perform all duties in accordance with all
safety, health and environmental rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement results oriented, value-added engineering
solutions that achieve predetermined project goals and customer
needs and/or requirements.
- Develop project documentation defining standards, detailed
reports, specifications, plans, prints, schematics and/or other
necessary documentation required to achieve defined project
- Develop detailed design of automation and process control
systems that integrate PCs, PLCs, AC or DC Drives, Position
Controllers, single or multi-loop controllers.
- Integrate statistical control components into system design
including basic control charting, real time & historical trending,
remote monitoring and data acquisition / control.
- Develop, install and debug control system programming including
PC operating, PC / PLC communications, PLC HMI and/or specialty
- Lead and/or guide internal or external engineering resources to
ensure adherence to project goals and objectives.
- Implement standard engineering and project management practices
consistently throughout project and work assignments.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge by attending trade
shows or clinics; investigate new equipment applications with
consulting engineers & equipment venders, and specific course
- Lead development and training efforts of field operation and
maintenance personnel in the design features, process operation,
interpretation of system information, and application of that
information regarding control system functionality.
- Witness testing and system site quality control.
- Train plant electricians on processes.
- Monitor installation quality.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and
- Perform other duties as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed working knowledge of networking equipment and
software, routers and cabling.
- Detailed working knowledge of plant PLCs and HMI software.
- Detailed working knowledge of all HMI hardware and software in
use including Wonderware Intouch and Active Factory.
- Detailed working knowledge of AC & DC drives, coordinated
drives systems and position control systems.3
- Knowledge of medium and high voltage systems.
- Knowledge of IT systems, PC hardware and software, servers,
fiber optic cabling and network switches.
- Knowledge of statistical control techniques and programs such
as SPC, SQC and SCADA systems.
- Comply with minimum skills defined in the Engineering
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence or guide people to allow successful
completion of objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of professional and ethical
- Ability to function on multi-discipline or multi-functional
- Bachelor's degree in related engineering field or
- 5+ years experience in automation and process control systems
- Or any combination of experience and training that demonstrates
the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this
- This position works in both an office environment and in a
- Work breakdown as 5% administrative, 95% technical
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and
programs including health and welfare benefits, 401(k) program,
career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities,
profit sharing and more.
Keywords: LP Building Products, Redding , Plant Controls Engineer, Other , Red Bluff, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!