Associate Patient Access Representative - HUM Harris Orthopedics
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are looking for an Associate Patient Access Representative
for the HUM Harris Orthopedics Department at St. Joseph Heritage
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
Under the direction of the site supervisor or manager, the
Associate Patient Access Representative is responsible for
assisting patients during the on-site registration and arrival
process for scheduled and unscheduled visits as well as collecting
accurate demographic information, insurance information, and
collecting patient liability (if known) at the time of service.
This individual is also responsible for financial clearance
functions on assigned scheduled accounts during registration. In
addition, this individual is responsible for miscellaneous client
service activities including valuables collection and providing
basic customer service. The Associate Patient Access Representative
greets and serves patients in a professional, friendly, and
respectful manner to promote positive encounters.
- Verify patient demographics and activate patients in the system
of record upon arrival on the date of service, if the patient has
- Verify patient insurance by confirming and document insurance
eligibility of patient coverage benefits, including coverage
limits, number of days, patient responsibility, effective dates,
and follow-up with patient and/or referring physician office in the
event of failed eligibility. Referrals to Financial Counselor, when
- Contacts patient's family or physician office to obtain missing
insurance information and authorizations.
- Ensure required/applicable forms and documents are presented
and explained during time of registration (e.g., Patient Rights and
Responsibilities, Advance Directives, Important Patient
- Obtain all necessary patient signatures at time of
- Perform collections and cashiering functions when
- Understands ministry's policies on discounts, patient payments
plans and global services.
- Ensure financially cleared patients go directly to the area of
service in order to receive treatment; refer patients to Financial
Counseling when appropriate.
- Coordinate with bed placement and ensure appropriate patient
type and status changes are performed in a timely manner.
- Assist patients and customers in navigating throughout the
- Ability to complete assigned functions.
- Ability to identify and escalate issues related to registration
and customer service functions.
- Communicate through both verbal and written method of
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer software programs and use of basic office
- Ten-key touch required and ability to type 30-40 WPM.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: H.S. Diploma or GED
Experience: 1 year of Customer service or general office
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 1 year of Healthcare office experience
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text message with additional questions from our Modern Hire
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most
respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75
locations throughout California, including, Northern California,
Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage
Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in
quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of
success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and
a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and
values. Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Redding , Associate Patient Access Representative - HUM Harris Orthopedics, Other , Eureka, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!