RN - Emergency Services
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are looking for a Staff RN - CNA (California Nurses
Association) for Emergency Services at Redwood Memorial Hospital.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
Location: Fortuna, CA
Schedule: Per diem/on call
Shift: 12-hour, Nights
The Registered Nurse employs intellectual, interpersonal and
technical skills through the utilization of the nursing process to
assist patients of various ages in achieving maximum health
potential. The Registered Nurse functions as a health team member
through independent, interdependent and dependent roles within the
health care system. Serving as the patient's advocate, the RN
assumes responsibility and accountability for nursing care for
patients of various ages as defined by the department scope of
- Nursing Process:
- Assessment: gathers and interprets data relevant to patient
- Planning: Sets care priorities appropriately for Plan of Care
based on patient condition, age, and developmental status. Involves
patient, significant others and health team members.
- Implementation: Implements Plan of Care according to identified
need. Advocates for patient. Performs re-assessment as per policies
and nursing processes.
- Medications: Prepares and administers medication accurately,
safely and according to policy.
- Pain Management: Consistently evaluates and addresses patient
comfort in accordance with policy and individual patient
- Patient Education: Explains treatments and procedures. Provides
information to promote recovery and wellness. Assures that patient
and family receive education to promote recovery and wellness
during hospitalization and essential skills for safe self care
- Evaluation: Effectively recognizes changes in condition and
- Technical Skills and Knowledge: Demonstrates competency in
technical skills and use of department specific protocols and/or
procedures, equipment and troubleshooting, etc. (e.g., care of
ventilated patient, chemotherapy administration, wound care,
cardiac monitoring, and pediatrics).
- Patient Related Communications:
- Communicates necessary patient information in hand offs and
bedside report to receiving staff and/or unit. Communicates
necessary information and plan of care to patients, families, and
staff using the communication board.
- Effectively coordinates and/or facilitates admission and
- Documents legibly and concisely, using appropriate forms and
technology; adheres to documentation policies and guidelines.
- Keeps Supervisor and Physician informed of potential/actual
critical or emergent situations.
- Patient Related Safety and Infection Control:
- Maintains a safe environment for the patient: adheres to safety
measures for at risk groups, e.g. fall risk, restraints, suicide,
- Demonstrates correct 'hand hygiene' practices; adheres to
standard precautions and isolation techniques. Disinfects equipment
after each patient use.
- Demonstrates knowledge and practice of Patient Safety
initiatives in accordance with The Joint Commission standards, e.g.
'procedural time out, two identifiers, BMV, etc. (National Patient
- Resource Utilization: Ensures that appropriate supplies and
equipment are available, accounted for and used in a cost-effective
- Organizes, prioritizes and completes activities and assignments
in an efficient manner. Demonstrates initiative in assisting others
and performing other duties based on skill level and training
- Delegates tasks based on the legal scope of practice and
effectively supervises nursing care being given. Uses all work time
productively in work-related activities.
- Participates in department problem solving, suggests
improvements and facilitates change. CQI involvement on
- Safety of Self and Others: Maintains a safe work environment.
Identifies safety risks and reports such appropriately. Utilizes
correct body mechanics, personal protective equipment and
demonstrates other personal safety practices.
- Ability to ensure patient confidence and comfort.
- Efficiently communicates with SJH-HC physicians, customers and
employees, both in person and by telephone.
- Reads and comprehends written instructions, able to interpret
medical orders, correspondence, memorandums, and medical
- Applies deductive and common sense reasoning ability to problem
solve on a frequent basis.
- Initiative and the ability to make independent judgments are
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Coursework/Training - Graduate of an accredited
- State of California as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR certification* is required.
Department specific certifications are required on hire or
within the introductory/training period or no later than 120 days,
These are noted below.
- Emergency: ACLS, PALS
- American Heart Association BLS Provider, American Red Cross
Professional Rescuer, Fire Department Medical Provider course.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: Acute care or specialty experience.
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the
world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to
be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and
serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service,
state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed
Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in
the southern part of Humboldt County.
Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming
environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has
to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph
Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Redding , RN - Emergency Services, Other , Fortuna, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!