Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our
diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make
better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with
far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a
clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a
career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have
a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire
colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and
development. It's this attitude that has made us an industry leader
and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer
exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect
change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and
scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our
innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Nurse, Immunization - Bakersfield, CA
The primary responsibility of the Immunization Nurse is to
provide coverage in the field ensuring that flu shot clinics are
completed accurately and on time. Maintain a safe and professional
environment for clients and employees; perform with confidence all
aspects of administering immunization shots, following established
practices and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer flu immunization shots (as dictated by state
- Provide exceptional customer service at all clinics.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and legible records.
- Participates in training/retraining and continuing education
programs as necessary.
- Complies with all designated safety policies and procedures in
the work area, including the use of applicable protective equipment
when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious
- Understands and complies with applicable federal, state and
local laws. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and good
- Maintain all HIPAA and OSHA standards while on events.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
Supervision Exercised: N/A
Formal medical education including current appropriate medical
certification (LPN, LVN, RN, BSN, NP)
Current nursing license
Additional medical certification / licensure as required by
state / regulatory requirements.
At least 1 year of healthcare experience in a professional
At least 1 year of experience administering immunization
vaccines (flu shot specific).
- Proficient with administering vaccinations and manual blood
- Skills required for reagent handling, labeling, processing,
preparation, transportation and storage necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable of required regulations and comply with
- Excellent customer service internally and externally.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed
- Basic computer skills necessary including access to internet /
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word,
Outlook, and Excel.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance
of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the
weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently;
objects in the weight range of 16 to 40 pounds may be lifted and
carried occasionally. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be
lifted or carried without assistance.
- Requires use of phone and PC.
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
- Handling stress & emotions,
- Concentrating on tasks
- Making decisions,
- Adjusting to change,
- Examining/observing details
- Sitting or standing for long periods at a time
- Position requires travel.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals
whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief
that the patients come first and that values do matter. We work to
earn our customers' trust every day by providing the highest
quality diagnostic information services in a professional,
accessible and informative way.
We have a large recognized brand; we offer flexibility and
autonomy, great support, pay and benefits and a comprehensive
training and onboarding program.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women /
Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender
Identity / Citizenship