Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Medical Records
Training Coordinator to one of our locations in Santa Rosa, CA,
Napa, CA or Eureka, CA. This is a 4 month temporary assignment that
is not eligible for benefits. This position is required to sit on
site and is not eligible for remote work or relocation.
We are seeking a Medical Records Training Coordinator who will
spend the first month being trained on the EPIC electronic medical
records platform and then serve as an additional training resource
for the implementation of the Epic system. The Medical Records
Training Coordinator supports all clinical roles throughout the
care continuum (as assigned). A Medical Records Training
Coordinator is expected to become a knowledgeable project advocate,
who will generate enthusiasm and excitement for Epic. This
individual will be a liaison between end users, specialty and site
leaders, informatics and Providence St. Joseph Health EPIC
Implementation Team. This individual will provide operational
support for the project pre-, during, and post go live by leading,
reinforcing, and validating standard workflows and best practices,
and at-the-elbow end user support.
All duties must be performed in a manner that promotes team
success and reflects Providence St. Joseph Health mission,
philosophy, and core values of compassion, dignity, justice,
excellence, and integrity.
In this position you will have the following
- Attend all Epic training and demonstrate required proficiency;
attend all Epic Implemnetation Technician training and demonstrate
proficiency; attend change management/ownership training.
- Identify and communicate potential issues, risks and resistance
to change; attend and participate in a pre-go live
logistics/process preparation meeting; attend and participate in
EPIC Implementation Technician status meeting.
- Provide support to end users through pre, during and post go
live by offering front line support and answering questions about
- Provide the end-user community with a familiar face - someone
who is famliar with your organzaition 's operations and the
- Approach users who are struggling and assit them in completing
- Attend daily post live status/issue meetings.
- Provide feedback on users knowledge and essential skills.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year of business office technology OR 1 year utilizing
electronic medical record and other third party applications
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Medical assistance experience
- Healthcare experience
- A senior nursing student (RN), final semester or year attending
an accredited ADN or BSN program
- New graduated from an accrediated school of nursing (RN) ADN or
BSN program or;
- Experience utilizing electronic medical record, EPIC.
- California Registered Nurse.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and
system support services for our Providence family of organizations
across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and
Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering
a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized