Company: Bethel Church
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Bethel Tech is an institution that strives to see the tech space
influenced by the kingdom of God as well as equipping those who are
drawn to technology with the career skills they need to succeed.
Our team is creating highly effective career-training programs for
high-demand technical roles like Product Design and Software
Development. We are seeking a part-time Design Mentor to meet with
students weekly to help them be successful in our UIUX program.
Under the direction of the instructor, the Design Mentor will be
responsible for design support and student retention within the
program, overseeing a student count of approximately 10-20.
- Knowledgeable of and adherence to all institutional educational
policies and procedures.
- Provide academic and design support via weekly group critique
sessions with students; assisting students with the instructional
review, technical questions, and reinforcement conceptual
- Work in a cooperative setting (in-person and online) with
instructors, students, and support personnel to accomplish the
mutual goal of training and placing our students into professional
careers. (Prompt communication, availability, etc. is a must)
- Counsel students on the importance of class attendance, contact
students who have missed a review, and document all attendance
- Field and respond to student inquiries over chat, email and
- Monitor and report on student academic progress to the
- Contribute to the Institution and the community by attending,
and participating in,
scheduled events, meetups and workshops.
- Work collaboratively with the Admissions Department to ensure
an exceptional student experience from enrollment to
- Participate in retention activities such as but not limited to
calling, emailing and special events for students.
- Lead weekly group design reviews with students
- Provide feedback to instructor on ways to improve UI/UX
curriculum and create opportunities for student collaboration and
- Build a culture of trust, critique, and inspiration with
students and the Bethel Tech team through thoughtful
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- 2+ years of relevant design experience (academic or vocational
training and credentials, related work experience, licensure, or
- Experience teaching design principles and concepts, UX methods
and design thinking methodology
- Experience mentoring or pastoring studentsSoftware:
- Design software: Sketch, Figma, Adobe Suite, prototyping
software like InVision (required);
- Agile: Scrum, Kanban
This role involves frequent usage of a telephone, PC, and standard
Voluntary Dental Insurance
Voluntary Vision Insurance
Group Life and AD&D of $30,000 paid for by Bethel
Optional Voluntary Term Life
Cafeteria 125 Benefit Premium Pre-Taxing Option
Free Staff Lunch (twice a month)
20% Discount on Most Items in the Bethel Book Store
Free premium Season Pass Access to Bethel.tv
Invitation to Attend Select Conferences
403(b) Retirement Fund Matching
Paid Sick Leave, Jury Duty & Bereavement Leave
Opportunity to work with some of the most passionate lovers of
Jesus in the world!
Keywords: Bethel Church, Redding , Design Mentor, Other , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!