Chief Business Official/Assistant Superintendent of Business Services
Company: Enterprise Elementary School District
Posted on: July 8, 2019
Under the supervision of the Superintendent, performs
administrative, supervisory, and management functions and shall be
in charge of the Business Services Department; including acting as
a liaison between district, county, and state officials. These
include, but are not limited to, overall District responsibility
for transportation, risk management, cafeteria, budget and finance
(including payroll and commercial warrant responsibility),
facilities, and deferred maintenance. Carries overall
responsibility for the various functions and departments assigned
and will perform other duties which reasonably relate to the above.
Salary: $119,091 - $150,181, degree stipends, 403(b) match after 12
months employment and benefits package ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Coordinates the activities of the Business Services Department
with the schools, support services, and the Superintendent's
- Prepares plans for the use, maintenance, and rehabilitation of
existing buildings and assists in the preparation of plans for the
construction of new buildings.
- Responsible for supervision of all major repairs to buildings
and responsibility for the bid process.
- Has overall responsibility in the areas of accounting, payroll,
commercial warrants, attendance, insurance, food service,
transportation, and maintenance and operations.
- Has primary responsibility for budget development.
- Responsible for various committees as may be assigned by the
- Prepares recommendations to the Superintendent on matters
pertaining to the Business Services Department.
- Participates in Collective Bargaining as the administrator
responsible for financial aspects of the process.
- Communicates with other administrators, EESD personnel and
outside organizations to coordinate activities, programs and
projects, resolves issues and conflicts, and exchange information;
interacts, services and collaborates with districts, County Offices
and other agencies on various business services matters; conducts
staff meetings to communicate ideas and resolve issues.
- Develops and prepares the annual budget for the District and
Business Services Department.
- Analyzes and reviews budgetary and financial data.
- Controls and authorizes expenditures in accordance with
- Attends all Board meetings and other meetings at the direction
of the Superintendent.
- Attends all Principal/Administrators Committee (AC) and serves
as a regular member of the Superintendent's Cabinet.
- Operates a computer and various assigned software programs
using database, spreadsheet, word processing and email.
- Operates other office equipment as assigned
- Drives a vehicle to conduct work.
- Reviews and interprets highly technical information, writes
technical materials and/or speaks persuasively to implement desired
- Analyzes situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions
of the job include: pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or
laws; education codes; personnel management.
- Ability is required to work with a significant diversity of
individuals and/or groups.
- In working with others, problem solving is required to analyze
issues, create plans of action and reach solutions.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned by the
Keywords: Enterprise Elementary School District, Redding , Chief Business Official/Assistant Superintendent of Business Services, Other , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!