Asst Production Manager
Company: Pacific Seafood-Eureka, LLC
Posted on: August 5, 2022
This is a PM shift position that oversees various production and
the sanitation of the plant food processing machinery, equipment,
utensils, and facility. To assist the Production Manager in
overseeing and monitoring all phases of the PM production process.
Responsible for supporting in the management of the production
activities of the plant, while following established procedures and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group
Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork)
and promote teamwork at all times
- Create, continuously improve and streamline facility's Master
Sanitation Program that must contain both standardized and unique
instruction based on the plant's specific machinery, equipment,
utensils, and structures.
- Oversees the sanitation supervisor's utilization of chemicals
and cleaning agents to effectively and efficiently clean and
sanitize processing area walls, floor, equipment, machinery, and
- Monitor ice house and assist boats with offloading when
- Support the development of scheduling and capacity requirements
to achieve shipment goals.
- Attend weekly production meeting to discuss issues and provide
- Communicate production status and errors, update plant
management and production manager on a regular basis.
- Assist in maximizing productivity and improving production
flexibility with cross-training programs
- Develop standard procedures to optimize production and workflow
for unloading truck / boats.
- Keeping load board updated with loads coming in and appropriate
team member available / scheduled to work
- Work with Production Supervisor, coordinating where loads are
placed in facility.
- Ensure the team is meeting on-time delivery, quality objectives
and shipment targets
- Monitor efficiency on the production floor and support
strategic plans to improve plant operations
- Assist with inventory tracking in (APC)
- Enter the fish loads in APC as receiving
- Identify and resolve process issues as they arise
- Monitor production inputs and outputs to minimize product loss
and ensure all loads are processed appropriately and
- Ensure H.A.C.C.P. AND S.S.O.P.S are met and rigorously enforce
standards of sanitation and product handling, including crab and
fish season monitoring and seek efficiencies.
- Promote and enhance a positive labor/management relationship
with an emphasis on teamwork and employee involvement
- Ensure production reporting is accurate and timely, including
daily load reporting
- Ensure adequate training is provided for employees in specific
work tasks to reduce or eliminate the risk of workplace
- Ensure the safe operation of machinery and equipment
- Ensure that employees work in compliance with established safe
work practices and procedures
- Work with production manager to execute all duties and
- Set / Monitor KPIs on a period basis to ensure constant
improvements are being achieved
- Oversee work orders and ensure that they are completed in a
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Directly supervises employees in the Production Department. Carries
out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
QualificationsThe requirements listed below are representative of
the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.A.
Education and Experience
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience with HACCP, COOL Act, or other food safety
- Forklift certification.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior seafood industry experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or
- Valid driver's license.
- Prior experience working with and creating budgets
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your
overall compensation package. When you add in the additional
benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your
total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical,
prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company
profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid
sick, vacation and personal time
- 6 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional
counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge
to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Pacific Seafood-Eureka, LLC, Redding , Asst Production Manager, Professions , Eureka, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!