Company: Trimble Inc.
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Title: Production Manager
Location: Redding, CA
Reports to: Business Area Director
Trimble is seeking a Production Manager in the Civil Engineering &
Construction division to fill an opportunity in Redding, CA as part
of the SECO brand.
SECO Manufacturing Co. is Trimble s flagship accessories brand with
a worldwide reputation for designing and manufacturing cutting edge
tools and accessories for surveying, construction, utilities and
other industries that use GPS/GNSS technology. SECO is based in
Redding, CA, with facilities in Tecate, CA, Mexico and Hungary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the effective coordination of daily production
activities with planning department, procurement department,
maintenance, and quality control to obtain optimum production and
utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
* Manages and coordinates production schedules and ensures the flow
of materials and parts to achieve on-time delivery to customer.
* Plans, directs, monitors and improves production processes to
meet quality, delivery, and cost targets.
* Proposes cost reduction initiatives to reduce manufacturing costs
and assists in departmental budgeting process while actively
managing to budget limits
* Participates in the strategic production planning process
including forecasting labor and equipment requirements
* Confers with management to establish production times, quality
control standards, cost controls, and specifications of
* Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance,
and operational data and reports to determine causes of
nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or
* Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed
to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
* Revises the daily production schedules and priorities based on
operational changes, i.e. labor, equipment, etc.
* Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
* Responsible for researching and recommending the procurement of
new capital equipment.
* Reviews new tooling and processes to assure compatibility with
current SECO procedures.
* Partners with engineering on new product development from concept
to mass manufacturing finished goods.
* Strong aptitude for delivering both strategic priorities and
day-to-day tactical support and execution.
* As needed, attends technical manufacturing conferences and
product trade shows.
* Creates an environment that encourages collaboration, fosters
continuous improvement, and stimulates high performance in the
* Hires, manages, and develops production staff to meet quality,
delivery, and cost targets through establishment and communication
of performance goals.
* Responsible for Health and Safety training for production
department and responsible for reporting and helping to resolve any
unsafe conditions and activities on SECO property.
* Responsible for updating the Workforce Plan to optimize
productivity, forecast future demand, meet production demands and
stay within the established budget.
* Provides effective leadership: challenges employees to be
extraordinary, embraces ambiguity and complexity, and utilizes
coaching as a way to grow and improve employee capabilities.
* Ensure inventory accuracy that meets cycle count accuracy at or
above company targets.
* Ensures training and onboarding for all new contract workers to
make sure they are adequately integrated into the Production
* Grow, mentor and develop line-leads to increase production
Required Education & Experience
* Bachelor s Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Industrial
Technology, Quality Assurance or related field
* 8+ years of related experience
* 5+ years of management in manufacturing or production
* Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of California and Federal labor laws in a manufacturing
* Knowledge of OSHA and CAL-OSHA requirements, standards, and
* Knowledge of MSDS and HAZMAT requirements, standards, and
* Knowledge of 5S, Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing, and other
manufacturing process improvement techniques
* Advanced skills in personnel management at a variety of
* Advanced skills in scheduling, cross-training, and employee
* Advanced skills in cost controls, measuring production
capacities, and documentation
* Intermediate skills in ERP systems (Made2Manage, Oracle, SAP, or
* Ability to meet tight deadlines with frequently changing
* Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of skilled
labor, unskilled labor, cross-departmental staff, and
* Ability to troubleshoot within a wide variety of production
* Ability to work with planning/purchasing to meet production
* Ability to coordinate and facilitate meetings
* Ability to speak, read, write, and conduct presentations in
* Ability to work any hours between 4:00 am and 10:00 pm (facility
runs 2 shifts)
* Physical Demands (with or without accommodation):
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds a distance of 20
* Must be able to move throughout the entire property
* Must be able to sit at a desk, work on a computer keyboard, and
use a telephone for periods of up to 3 hours at a time
* Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
of the time
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering
products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds.
Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data
analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality,
safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to
enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and
services are transforming a broad range of industries such as
agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and
logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit
Redding, CA is situated in an area well known for outdoor
recreation including hiking, biking, boating, fishing, and snow
sports. We are surrounded by National Parks, the second-largest
reservoir in CA, and plenty of mountains, lakes and streams. Our
area offers a nice balance of small city life nestled in a rural
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin,
marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Keywords: Trimble Inc., Redding , Production Manager, Professions , Redding, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!